Ankarsrums Bruk was founded in 1655 and is one of the oldest companies in Sweden still being in operation.
In the early 20th century Ankarsrum was a leading producer of wood, gas and electrical stoves. In 1968 Ankarsrum was bought by Electrolux.
In 2001 AB Traction bought Ankarsrum from Electrolux and renamed it Ankarsrum Industries.
Today Ankarsrum Industries consists of four separarate legal entities; Ankarsrum Motors AB, Ankarsrum Die Casting AB, Ankarsrum Kitchen AB and Ankarsrum Fastighet AB.
Quick Facts Ankarsrum Industries
- Ankarsrum Industries has approximately 120 employees in total and consists of 4 separate companies.
- Ankarsrum Motors AB - Developing, Producing and Selling DC- and AC/ Universal Motors for the Welding-, Health Care- and Small Appliance Industry. The Company also produces the stand mixer/ kitchen machine Ankarsrum Assistent Original.
- Ankarsrum Kitchen AB - Marketing and selling the stand mixer/ kitchen machine Ankarsrum Assistent Original.
- Ankarsrum Die Casting AB - producing aluminum die casted parts, mainly for the automotive industry.
- Ankarsrum Fastighet AB - Property maintanance
- Traction AB is the owner of Ankarsrum Industries since 2001. Traction AB is a Private equity firm (publ) listed on Nasdaq OMX Nordic Stockholm Mid Cap.